Hartford HealthCare (HHC) announced that it has reached an agreement on a contract with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield that will benefit patients for years to come. The three-year agreement means patients with Anthem insurance once again have in-network access to Hartford HealthCare’s comprehensive offerings, including physicians, facilities, programs and services.
Effective immediately, all HHC’s hospitals and affiliated providers will rejoin Anthem’s network of participating providers under a new three year agreement. The new agreement is retroactive to October 1 2017. That means that all Anthem members who received covered health care services from HHC hospitals and affiliated providers on or after October 1 will receive coverage for these services at the in-network level of benefits as if there had been no disruption.
The HHC hospitals, facilities and providers affected include the following:
- Hartford Hospital (including the Institute of Living): 80 Seymour Street, Hartford, CT
- MidState Medical Center: 435 Lewis Avenue, Meriden, CT
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut: 100 Grand Street, New Britain, CT
- William W. Backus Hospital: 326 Washington Street, Norwich, CT
- Windham Community Memorial Hospital: 112 Mansfield Avenue, Willimantic, CT
- Natchaug: 189 Storrs Road, Mansfield Center, CT
- Rushford Center: 1250 Silver Street, Middletown, CT
- Southington Care Center: 45 Meriden Avenue, Southington, CT
- Jerome Home: 975 Corbin Avenue, New Britain, CT
- VNA HealthCare: 1290 Silas Deane HWY, Wethersfield, CT
- Jefferson House: 1 John H. Stewart Drive, Newington, CT 06111
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group: Various Locations