IN OUR OWN WORDS
CSEA members, speaking in our own words, are recording short videos to share their thoughts about school reopening with parents, coworkers, and others. Through our stories we aim to educate our communities about the dangers of fully reopening schools without proper funding or health and safety measures in place.
|How to Participate
SCHOOL REOPENING PRINCIPLES
CSEA SEIU Local 2001
IF IT CAN’T BE DONE SAFELY, DON’T DO IT!
- Maximize student and worker safety by providing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), regular COVID-19 testing for students and staff, social distancing, and monitors on all buses.
- Worker protections against loss of pay and benefits during shutdowns, partial shutdowns, quarantines, and distance learning. Alternate work assignments for those who need them.
- Fully comply with all CDC, DPH, and other public health guidelines for any reopening.
- State funding for school districts to guarantee that all safety and health requirements are met for students and staff, and that school and bus workers are protected from loss of jobs and benefits.
- Labor / management safety committees in all workplaces that are empowered to resolve health safety issues quickly and effectively.